They day is fast approaching for the opening celebration for the New Fantasyland at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida. The official date is December 6th, 2012 but news, pictures and videos continue to leak out to great joy of those of us who cannot wait. There has even been a bit of a test run, called a soft-opening, to let guests get an idea of what to expect.
One of the highly anticpated new features of the New Fantasyland is the Be Our Guest Restaurant. Themed, as you might guess, with details from Beauty and the Beast, this new dining establishment will be in the Beasts Castle, one of the two new castles that are part of the Fantasyland expansion.
As you will see from the video below Be Our Guest will certainly be an immersive experience. There are three areas to dine in, the Ballroom, the Rose Gallery and the West Wing. Each area is filled with detail from the movie, from an actual rose that drops petals to snow falling outside the windows. Guests will truly feel as though they are in the movie.
Be Our Guest will offer two dining experiences. During the day it will be a counter service restaurant but at night it will offer table service amenities. All of the meals will offer a french flaire. The menu will include:
- Sandwiches and salads at lunchtime, including the classic croque monsieur (ham and cheese sandwich), tuna Niçoise salad and grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread—plus, of course, pommes frites (French fries)
- Heartier fare at dinner, including braised pork, grilled strip steak with pommes frites, French onion soup and vegetable quiche, accompanied by a selection of wine and beer that complements the French-inspired cuisine
For a full menu check out this great post by the wondeful team at the Disney Food Blog. Another thing to note for those who enjoy adult beverages, this will be the first restaurant in the Magic Kingdom to offer alcohalic beverages.
Be sure to watch the video!
While Disney may not encourage you to eat like the Beast, they are proud to announce that you can eat with the Beast! Well maybe not exactly with him but in his castle. To that end they developed the soon to be opened Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.
This eatery is part of the new Fantasyland Expansion and will be opening on November 19, 2012.
Guests will eat in one of three scenes from the classic movie: the West Wing, the Rose Gallery or the Ballroom. Each room will be decorated with all the attention to detail that guests have come to expect from Disney over the years from chandeliers, falling snow and life size representations of the Beast himself as well as Belle.
The restaurant itself is counter service during lunch and table service at night.
The menu is inspired by the movie and includes:
- Tuna Niçoise salad
- Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and pommes frites (French fries)
- Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise
- Grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread
- Braised pork
- Vegetable quiche
- Quinoa, shallot and chive salad.
- Charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages, mussels steamed in white wine
- French onion soup
- Potato leek soup
- Salad with champagne vinaigrette
- Salad trio with three mini tastes of roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.
- Thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta
- Rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes
- Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
- Grilled strip steak with pommes frites
- Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce
- Oven-baked ratatouille
- Cupcakes – Strawberry cream cheese or Triple chocolate
- Chocolate cream puff and a Passion fruit cream puff.
Kids 9 and under will have their own menus:
- Carved turkey sandwich
- Roasted pulled pork
- Mickey meatloaf
- Seared mahi mahi
- Whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella
- Grilled steak
- Grilled fish of the day
- Whole-grain macaroni
You can reserve your spot now by calling 407-WDW-Dine but a credit card is required. The credit card will not be charged at this time though. It is just to secure your spot. Cancellations that are not made the day before reservations will be charged a $10 per person fee.
Online reservations will not be available until August 22, 2012.
No doubt you, like all other Disney loves the world over, have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the new Fantasyland attractions. Well they are not all open yet but Disney has set a date!
Mermaid lovers will finally get to go Under the Sea with Ariel. The little mermaid will also be featured in Ariel’s Grotto for picture taking opportunities.
For those with a Beastly appetite the new Be Our Guest Restaurant in Beast Castle as well as Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts will be open for business.
Unfortunately not everything will be ready to go on December 6th. We will have to wait till 2013 for Princess Fairytale Hall and 2014 for the Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train. But don’t look at it like a delay just an excuse for more trips to Disney World.